- Price 0,00 €
- Trip 8 dégustations
- Duration 3h
- Group size 14
Aix-en-Provence Food Tour , visit in the city historic center
Aix-en-Provence, also known as the “Provence jewel” is famous for its Provencal markets, its International Festival of Lyric Art and its 1000 fountains.
Succumb to the treasures of the south of France through a gourmet walking tour of a dozen tastings. “To savor” as soon as possible with family, friends or solo.
- Enjoy aound 10 tastings.
- Visit Aix-en-Provence with a local guide.
- Taste sweet and savory Provencal dishes.
- Experience the south of France way of life.
- Enjoy gourmet recommendations for the rest of your stay.
- Walk in the footsteps of famous painters Cézanne, Picasso and other personalities who have marked the history of France!
This 3-hour food tour includes a cultural visit of Aix-en-Provence and 10 tastings.
- Find your Delicity guide in front of the tourist office and plunge into the Aix en Provence old town by walking the paving stones of the famous “Cours Mirabeau”. On the program: discovery of the city’s must-haves by tasting the local specialties.
(The tourist office, your meeting point)
- You start your gourmet journey with a coffee-croissant in a brewery steeped in history, and for good reasons: politics, arts, fashion and show business are in this special place from more than 200 years. This is where Paul Cézanne, Pablo Picasso, Winston Churchill, Emile Zola to name a few had their habits. You will stay on this sweet note by discovering the delights of the Best Craftsman of France Philippe Segond.
(The Saint-Victoire mountain, painted by Paul Cézanne)
(The classic café-croissant, the french breakfast)
(The best pastries in town, by Philippe Segond)
- Then enter the historic center of Aix en Provence along the path of hot water to reach the most beautiful squares of the city: Place Espariat, Place Richelme, the Town Hall and The Place de la Rotonde will have no more secrets for you.
(The Place d’Espariat)
(The Town Hall)
- After discovering the typical biscuits of Aix-en-Provence, you will have the chance to live like an “Aixois”: you will taste the best of the mediterranean charcuterie and a plate of french cheeses. Then, your guide will explain how to choose his Provencal fruits and vegetables and some traditional recipes.
(Assorted french cheeses)
(Assortment of Corsican, Spanish and Italian cured meats)
(Some local specialties that you will have the opportunity to taste)
- At this point, you will probably have a little thirsty. This is good, we reserve you a personalized “pastis” tasting. On the way to the “Saint-Sauveur” cathedral, you will taste the best madeleines of the region, “100% pure butter”. And you will have the chance to have a look at the “Archevéché” theater, one of the main performance halls of the International lyrical art Festival.
(The Mazarin district in Aix-en-Provence)
(The Saint-Sauveur Cathedral)
(The best madeleines of the region)
- You will end your food tour with a flavor fireworks in a wine cellar to taste all the food shopped during the tour.
(Some good wines of our wine cellar Aix which you will taste)
Along the way, do not hesitate to ask all your questions about tastings and monuments that you will discover. Our guide will be happy to share with you secrets of the city as well as where to go for lunch, ice cream or a drink during your stay.
So what are you waiting for to join us?
The planned tasting
- French croissant
- Pastry of your choice at a Meilleur Ouvrier de France
- Baguette and traditional breads
- Calissons and regional biscuits
- Charcuterie platter (coppa, raw ham, sausage…)
- Assorted French cheeses
- Provençal fruits
- Madeleine from the best craftsman
- Provencal meal: pairings of food and wine.
DETAILS OF YOUR RESERVATION
Type: Private or group gastronomic tour.
Mode of transport: Walking tour, plan sneakers and a bottle of water.
Duration: 3 hours.
Number of participants: 1 to 14 people.
Tastings: they are modified according to seasonality.
Meeting point: the tourist office of Aix-en-Provence.
Booking: an instant confirmation email and an appointment email 48 hours before the tour.
Included: a local guide, 8 tastings and 3 drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Other: If you have any dietary restrictions, if you come with children or if you are a more than 10 peaople group please contact us in advance at email@example.com.
The Food Tour lasts 3h and is accessible to all public, for young and old.
8 gourmet breaks are planned
Drinks (others than those tasted) are not included.
In case of specific diet, you'll have to notify your Deliciguide at the beginning of the Tour. No alternative foods will be offered.
Request to book
- Aix-en-Provence, France